photo Lukasz Wierzbowski
What is Spr!tzl and who is it for?
- Spr!tzl is a new initiative under the final responsibility of music theatre production house Silbersee.
- Spr!tzl is a new studio that creates space for artforms that don’t yet exist, outside the box, beyond the boundaries. Spr!tzl is looking for innovative makers and performers with an original idea they would like to develop during the period January-June 2018.
- Spr!tzl is calling for submissions to the Spr!tzl pitch on 10 December 2017 at A Lab. Artists are invited from every artistic discipline imaginable – anything from music, theatre, dance and visual art to fashion, photography, video, video mapping, street culture, cuisine or cyberart.
- Ideas that include the use of the human voice (from spoken word to opera, from rap to grunge) are preferred.
- The idea should not previously have been publicly performed.
- If you have an idea that meets Spr!tzl’s criteria and conditions, and you possess outstanding artistic qualities, submit your entry for the pitch for a chance to win a development budget and mentoring so you can realise your plan within six months.
The pitches will be assessed by a panel of experts. The panel members are Roni Haver (Club Guy & Roni), Henk Heuvelmans (Gaudeamus), Joop Mulder (Oerol) and Romain Bischoff (Silbersee).
- You will have the chance to win a budget of up to €20,000 to develop your idea into a performance with a maximum duration of 30 minutes.
- The selected applicants will receive tailor-made mentoring (see ‘mentorship’ under FAQ).
- Silbersee works in partnership with a range of leading artists, who will act as mentors within Spri!tzl.
- The results will be presented during the Spr!tzl mini-festival on 7 July 2018 on the north bank of the IJ in Amsterdam (A’DAM Toren, A Lab and Tolhuistuin)